(All Test Schedule information is accurate as of the time of publication. Changes may occur subsequently.)
TABE Reading & Math Test
Students are required to take the TABE Reading Test before enrolling in High School Diploma classes, High School Equivalency (HSE) Test Preparation, and designated Career Technical Education (CTE) classes. The testing process takes approximately 2 hours. In addition, the TABE Math Test is required before enrolling in any High School Diploma math class.
• Bring a valid picture I.D. No charge for test.
• Arrive early; space is limited/first-come, first-served.
TABE Reading Test Schedule:
• Every Tuesday - 9:00 am, 12:00 pm & 6:00 pm
• Sign-in prior to test in the Registration Office (Room 102)
• Every Tuesday - 6:30 pm
• By appointment only
Required Reading Level by Program
|Computer Technician (Introduction)
Culinary Arts: Baking/1
Culinary Arts: Catering
High School Diploma Academic Classes
High School Equivalency (HSE)Test Preparation
Manicuring (if 10th Grade not completed)
Required Math Level by Program
Note: ESL students scoring 236 or higher on a CASAS Test will be eligible to take the TABE Test for CTE courses.
Practice High School Equivalency Test
Practice Tests are given to determine students' readiness to take the High School Equivalency (HSE) Test. The 2-day tests are 21/2 hours in length each day. Tests must be started and completed in the same week.
- Proof of TABE Reading score of 9.0 or higher required
- Bring valid picture I.D. No charge for tests
- Arrive early; space is limited/first-come, first served
- Day: Wednesdays and Thursdays, 11:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Evening: Mondays and Wednesdays 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Make appointment for test in Registration Office (Rm. 102)
Computer Challenge Test
Students may skip Computer Operation/I by passing the Computer Challenge Test. The test is given Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. by appointment only, and may not be re-taken. There is a $20 fee for the test. Fees are paid in the bookstore. For an appointment, call (818) 346-3540. Ext. 211.
A typing test for speed and accuracy is given Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. by appointment only, and may be re-taken. The fee for the test (and each re-test) is $20. Fees are paid in the bookstore. For an appointment, call (818) 346-3540, Ext. 211.
*All Test Schedule information is accurate as of the time of publication. Changes may occur subsequently.