Cosmetology Program Fall 2020
All prospective students interested in the above programs must have the following:
- Valid US Government Issued Photographic Identification (ID) – Acceptable forms of identification are: Driver’s license, State ID, Passport ID, or Military ID.
- Physical Social Security Card; Signed
- Physical High School Diploma, High School Equivalent, or completion of 10th grade with Official Transcripts or take the Reading Assessment and must score a 9.0
- Reading Assessments are offered every Tuesday at 9:30AM & 6:00PM and Friday at 9:30AM.
- Interested persons must come in person to schedule the assessment.
- Check-in is 45 minutes before the assessment.
- Signed copy of Informational sheet with explanation of costs and responsibilities. (Obtained at the school in the Counseling Office)
Registration Process is first come, first served.
Due to high demand, we have limited seats for our Cosmetology Department. Interested students must have fulfilled the above requirements and must bring the listed documents above to the school for verification. Once verified, a staff member will make copies of the documents and place your name on a limited interest list. Interested persons placed on the interest list will be selected via lottery for the upcoming semester. Selected students will be notified via post cards regarding their appointment date, failure to show up will result in reassignment of that spot in the class. We will use the limited interest list to fill the class for alternates should there be space in the class. Once the semester has started, the limited interest list will be purged and interested students will need to go through the same process again on a different date scheduled – the date selected will be posted on the website at a later time.
The submission period for the above documents will begin ON A DATE TO BE DETERMINED DUE TO CAMPUS BEING CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19. Please bring all documents to the counseling office for review and to be placed in the Interest List. Space is limited on the interest list and once capacity is met, we will close the list and have new information in the coming months.
Thank You for your continued interest in our Cosmetology Department here at West Valley Occupational Center.