This course is designed to prepare students for employment in a pharmaceutical setting. The class consists of theory and clinical preparation to include: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmaceutical settings, duties and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician, pharmaceutical terms, abbreviations and symbols, metric and apothecary systems, drug requirements, record-keeping, dispensing prescriptions, knowledge of manufacturing, and packaging and labeling of drug products.
- 10.0 Reading and 10.0 Math skill level as measured by the CASAS GOALS Test
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Test
- No criminal record,
- Basic “C” CPR Certificate,
- TB clearance and physical exam
77-90-75 M-F 8:15 AM-4:00 PM 08/15/2022 - 01/18/2023
- Students must pay registration fee at time of registration. Students must also purchase insurance directly from an insurance carrier.
- Separate costs for books, exams, supplies, preparation, certifications and/or licenses provided by outside vendors may be incured.
- Once a Certificate of Completion is earned in a course, that course cannot be repeated.