This course is designed to prepare students for employment in a pharmaceutical setting. The class consists of theory and clinical preparation to include: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmaceutical settings, duties and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician, pharmaceutical terms, abbreviations and symbols, metric and apothecary systems, drug requirements, record-keeping, dispensing prescriptions, knowledge of manufacturing, and packaging and labeling of drug products.
- Employment level competency in written and verbal communication in English.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Test,
- No criminal record,
- Basic “C” CPR Certificate,
- TB clearance and physical exam,
- 9.0 reading level and basic math skills.
- Typing speed of 25 wpm highly recommended.
- $650 (Registration fee only)
- Approximate total cost for the program is $1,500, (includes: registration, insurance, books, supplies).
77-90-60 M-F 8:15 AM-3:00 PM 08/15/2022 - 01/18/2023
- Students must pay registration fee at time of registration. Students must also purchase insurance directly from an insurance carrier.
- Separate costs for books, exams, supplies, preparation, certifications and/or licenses provided by outside vendors may be incured.
- Once a Certificate of Completion is earned in a course, that course cannot be repeated.