Information Collected by West Valley Occupational Center (WVOC)
Our Sites are made available to you to provide information about our programs, services and course offerings. You can browse our website without providing any personal information.
When you access and use our website, some information is automatically collected. For example, we may collect information about your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, language, and the website that referred you to us. We also collect information about your usage and activity while browsing our website.
The websites and any electronic communications sent by WVOC may contain electronic images known as "web beacons." Web beacons allow WVOC and third parties authorized by WVOC to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of a web page, email message or other communication, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the device identifier of the device the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons may be used count unique users, visits and page views; monitor traffic and conversion patterns; personalize your experience when you visit our websites, including advertising and other content you see; and determine whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked and/or notifications/offers were acted upon.
Third Party Advertising
We also may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, by filling-in fields and forms; opting-in to email or SMS texting services; and/or emails you send to us. Such information may include: contact information (name, address, telephone number, social media username, phone, mobile phone and/or email address, etc.); program area or interest (i.e. English as a Second Language, Academic or Career Technical Education courses and classes, etc.); demographic information (age, academic status, marital status, size of household, income, etc.); and marketing profile information (admissions date, graduation date, alumni status, parent, friend, etc.) Finally, we may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect directly from you.
How We Use Your Information
Non-personal information is used to generate statistics and to measure wesite activity in order to improve the usefulness of the website for our visitors.
- Operate and improve our website
- Provide information about our institution and send you related information, including: confirmations, brochures, course catalogs, class schedules, testing information, enrollment information, security alerts, support information and administrative messages
- Notify you of the closest Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), Division of Adult and Career Education (DACE) and/or WVOC facilities
- Respond to comments, questions or requests for information and provide customer service; communicate with you about our classes, achievements, promotions, upcoming events and other news about WVOC and our selected partners; generate site analytics to improve our website and the user experience; and link or combine with personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service and information
WVOC may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing Your Information
- With a financial aid partner for the purpose of offering aid and services to our students or prospective students
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information
- With vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Third Party Links