Cosmetology Program | Up Next: Spring 2022
- INTERESTED STUDENTS IN COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICIAN, OR MANICURING NEED TO COMPLY WITH LAUSD'S NEW COVID-19 POLICIES FOR SPRING 2022 SEMESTER -https://achieve.lausd.net/spring2022
- SPRING 2022 INTEREST LIST WILL BE LIVE SOON - DECEMBER 1ST, 2021 @ 12PM. PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION, WE WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE WITH NEW INFORMATION AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE. (REVISED 11/29/21)
- THE INTEREST LIST HAS VERY LIMITED SPACES FOR EACH COURSE (COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICIAN, AND MANICURING). ONCE THE LIST IS FILLED, THE INTEREST LIST WILL CLOSE AND WILL NOT ACCEPT NEW ENTRIES. SELECTED STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL / PHONE CALL.
Prospective Students must use the "Online Interest List" to be considered for these course offerings. – Space is Extremely Limited.
"First Come, First Served"
- When the Enrollment Cap is reached, the list will no longer take any names.
- Students are to comply with LAUSD's New Covid-19 Policies for Spring 2022 Semester to be considered for our programs that begin in January 2022. https://achieve.lausd.net/spring2022
- Classes will be taught in an hybrid format - both online and in-person.
- These classes are in high-demand and there are limited seats for our Cosmetology Department. Interested students must have both fulfilled the requirements and have the documents ready - including presenting their Vaccination Card. (Please review the "At-A-Glance" sheet below for prerequisites and details.)
- A staff member may call and ask you to upload the required documents for verification before you can be considered for entry into the program.
- At the time of registration, (if selected for the program,) you will need to bring these documents physically and prepay for the cost of the kit for the program you are being registered for. (The "Cost of the Kits" below are estimates - PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.)
- Selected students will be notified via email and/or phone call, which will require an email response of intent. Failure to respond in a timely manner will result in reassignment of that spot in the class.
- We will use the interest list to fill the class for alternates should there be space in the class.
- Once the semester has started, the interest list will be purged and interested students will need to go through the same process again for next next term – that date selected will be posted on the website at a later time.
Enter your text here...
All prospective students interested in Cosmetology, Esthetician, and/or Manicuring classes must have the following:
Valid U.S. Government Issued Photographic Identification (ID) – Acceptable forms of identification are: Driver’s license, State ID, Passport ID, or Military ID.
Physical Social Security Card; Signed
Physical High School Diploma, High School Equivalent, or completion of 10th grade with Official Transcripts or take the Reading Assessment and must score a 9.0
Signed copy of Informational sheet with explanation of costs and responsibilities. (Obtained at the school in the Counseling Office)Registration Process is first come, first served.
Due to high demand, we have limited seats for our Cosmetology Department. Interested students must have fulfilled the above requirements and must bring the listed documents above to the school for verification. Once verified, a staff member will make copies of the documents and place your name on a limited interest list. Interested persons placed on the interest list will be selected via lottery for the upcoming semester. Selected students will be notified via post cards regarding their appointment date, failure to show up will result in reassignment of that spot in the class. We will use the limited interest list to fill the class for alternates should there be space in the class. Once the semester has started, the limited interest list will be purged and interested students will need to go through the same process again on a different date scheduled – the date selected will be posted on the website at a later time.
The submission period for the above documents will begin ON A DATE TO BE DETERMINED DUE TO CAMPUS BEING CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19. Please bring all documents to the counseling office for review and to be placed in the Interest List. Space is limited on the interest list and once capacity is met, we will close the list and have new information in the coming months.
Thank You for your continued interest in our Cosmetology Department here at West Valley Occupational Center.
Reading Assessments are offered every Tuesday at 9:30AM & 6:00PM and Friday at 9:30AM.
Interested persons must come in person to schedule the assessment.
Check-in is 45 minutes before the assessment.
📞 MAIN LINE: (818) 346-3540