Upcoming Term - January 2023 - June 2023 | Monday to Friday 8:15AM - 4:00PM
The Esthetician Program is a continuum of three (3) competency-based courses, described below. Fully approved by the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology (CSBBC), this program is designed to prepare individuals for California's licensing examinations. Students will receive hands-on instruction and practical experience. Program topics include: State regulations, basic business skills, health and safety, hazardous substances, chemistry, electricity, bacteriology, principles of infection control and sanitation, and anatomy and physiology. Techniques in manual facials, electrical facials and chemicals are included.
Cost of Tuition: FREE
Cost of Materials: $1,200
Total Program Credits: 45
Total Program Hours: 600+
Esthetician Program Prerequisites:
- English Language Competency
- Diagnostic Assessed Reading Level Requirement | 10.0
- Completion of 10th grade (or equivalent)
- High school diploma or HiSET is recommended for employment
- Completion of CTE STEPS [Student Tools for Educational Pathways] Orientation - is an orientational course to help you get situated with all the necessary tools that you will need when we schedule / register you for your desired class and complete all the necessary paperwork for enrollment.
Other Important documents to have in possession:
- Physical Identification Card (State ID, Driver's License, and/or Passport)
- Physical Social Security Card (Signed)