Nursing Assistant: LTC
This competency-based course offers an overview of anatomy, physiology, nutrition, medical terminology and an introduction to diseases and disorders. Emphasis is given to safety principles, infection control and the philosophy of nursing. This course also integrates methods for meeting the social and psychological needs of the patient. Nursing skills and clinical procedures are practiced in the classroom skills laboratory before being demonstrated in community health facilities. Upon completion of the required 60 hours of theory and 110 hours of clinical practice, the student will be qualified to take the state certification test. Successful completion of this examination will enable the student to be employed in a health care facility. The competencies in this course are aligned with the California High School Academic Content Standards and the California Career Technical Education Model Curriculum Standards.
- Certificate of Completion - Medical Terminology (HIT 1)
- Completion of CTE STEP ORIENTATION
- CASAS READING 8.0 reading level
- Current I.D.
- TB clearance
- Physical exam
- BLS valid CPR Healthcare Provider Card
Social Security Number
After passing the CASAS Reading Assessment, qualifying applicants will receive registration information.
- Tuition Fees Waived (Registration fee)
- ≈ $650 (Books, insurance, fingerprinting, uniform and supplies).
SPECIAL COURSE NOTES:
- Students must pay registration fee and $55 fingerprinting fee at time of registration.
- Fingerprinting fee is cash only and non-refundable.
- Students must also purchase insurance directly from an insurance carrier.
- Clinical rotation hours TBA.
Enrollment is limited to 15 students.
- IN PERSON T-Th 8:15 AM-4:15 PM 11/16/2022 - 02/23/2023
- IN PERSON T-Th 8:15 AM-4:15 PM 03/16/2023 - 06/01/2023
- Separate costs for books, exams, supplies, preparation, certifications and/or licenses provided by outside vendors may be incurred.
Once a Certificate of Completion is earned in a course, that course cannot be repeated.